Free three month job posting trial for Iowa companies!
New Job Postings...
NGS Applications Specialist @ DNA Technologies
Senior R&D Scientist @ Cody Laboratories
Principal Project Engineer @ Cody Laboratories
- NGS Applications Specialist Integrated DNA Technologies (IA)
- Clinical Assistant Member Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason (WA)
- Senior Manager, Market Planning Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Protein Chemist Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Senior Scientist Aptevo Therapeutics Inc (WA)
- Senior Specialist, Pharmacovigilance Aptevo Therapeutics Inc (WA)
- Vice President, Scientific Computing Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (WA)
- Senior Scientist, Analytical Development ZymoGenetics, Inc., a Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (WA)
- Manager, Microbiology, Quality Control ZymoGenetics, Inc., a Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (WA)
- Scientist, Analytical Development ZymoGenetics, Inc., a Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (WA)
| About Job Postings...
Learn about Icogenex Biotech Incubator Space Available for Lease
Full service laboratory and office incubator space is available for sublease in the Seattle
Fremont neighborhood. Ideal for small biotech companies or startups, individual lab benches and
secure office space may be rented with short- or long-term lease options.
Laboratory lease terms include the use of basic molecular and cell biology laboratory equipment,
as well as glass wash and janitorial services.
Located within a ten minute drive of the University of Washington, Institute for Systems Biology,
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, PATH, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and others.
October 29 is World Stroke Day.
Stroke is a disease that attacks 15 million people worldwide every year and claims a life every
six seconds – can be beaten. Currently, stroke accounts for 5.7 million deaths each year.
The World Stroke Campaign provides education and support for stroke survivors and their family
members as well as doctors involved in stroke treatment, stroke management and stroke rehabilitation.
LifeScience Moment: Ether was first used as a surgical anesthetic."
On September 30, 1846, ether was first used as a surgical inhalation anesthetic by William Morton to extract a tooth from merchant Eben Frost
at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Dr. Crawford Long, an American physician and pharmacist in Jefferson, Georgia, used ether for the first time on March 30, 1842 to
remove a tumor from the neck of James M. Venable. Long subsequently removed a second tumor from Venable, and later used ether as
an anesthetic in amputations and childbirth. The results of these trials were published in 1848 in The Southern Medical and Surgical Journal.
Life Science Evolution...
It's a Small World
Ebola Virions (Photo:Courtesy Cynthia Goldsmith)
"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."
George Bernard Shaw, Irish dramatist