Equipnet Auction: Lab, Analytical & Bio Processing equipment from Sanofi & other Firms! - Jan. 17
Earn a Master's in Pharmaceutical Bioengineering part-time, in the evenings at UW. Learn more.
Earn a Master's in Biomedical Regulatory Affairs part-time, in the evenings at UW. Learn more.
New Job Postings...
Associate Director Business Development @ Pacific Biomarkers
Purchasing Assistant @ Alder Biopharmaceuticals
Lab Data Programming Supervisor @ Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Software Developer, Bioinformatics Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (WA)
- Senior Clinical Research Associate Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (WA)
- Senior Electronic Data Capture (EDC) Programmer Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Receptionist Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Lab Technician Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Scientist, IVD Assay Development RareCyte (WA)
- Global Program Leader, Program, Portfolio and Alliance Management (PPAM) Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Medical Writer/Sr. Medical Writer Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Senior Medical Director, Clinical Development Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Medical Director, Clinical Development Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
| About Job Postings...
Learn about Icogenex Biotech Incubator Space Available for Lease
Full service laboratory and office incubator space is available for sublease in the Seattle
Fremont neighborhood. Ideal for small biotech companies or startups, individual lab benches and
secure office space may be rented with short- or long-term lease options.
Laboratory lease terms include the use of basic molecular and cell biology laboratory equipment,
as well as glass wash and janitorial services.
Located within a ten minute drive of the University of Washington, Institute for Systems Biology,
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, PATH, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and others.
January is Glaucoma Awareness Month.
Glaucoma is the leading cause of preventable blindness. Everyone, from infants to seniors is vulnerable.
It is estimated that over 2.2 million Americans have glaucoma but only half of those know they have it.
Combined with our aging population, we can see an epidemic of blindness looming if we donít raise awareness about the importance of regular eye examinations to
LifeScience Moment: Jane E. Henney, M.D., becomes the first woman Commissioner of Food and Drugs."
On January 17, 1999 Jane E. Henney, M.D., appointed by President Bill Clinton, became the first woman to serve as Commissioner of Food and Drugs.
Dr. Henney previously worked at the FDA from 1992 to 1994 as deputy commissioner for operations under then commissioner David Kessler.
During Dr. Henney's tenure, the FDA launched reforms in drug and medical device review processes and strengthened the science base of the agency.
Life Science Evolution...
It's a Small World
"Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing."
Werner Von Braun, German rocket engineer